My Shopping List
Italian-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 pork tenderloins, about 1 lb. each
+ 2 Tbsp. butter
+ 1 (8 oz.) carton fresh mushrooms, chopped
+ 1/2 c. green onions, sliced
+ 1 (6 oz.) pkg. long grain and wild rice mix, cooked according to pkg. directions
+ 1 c. pecans,chopped
+ 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
+ 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1 (10 oz.) container Alfredo sauce, refrigerated
+ 3 Tbsp. Chardonnay, or other dry white wine
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Cut lengthwise slit in each pork tenderloin, cutting to but not through the other side. Set pork aside.
2. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and green onions; cook until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in cooked long grain and wild rice mix, pecans and parsley. Set aside 3/4 c. of the rice mixture. Spoon remaining rice mixture into 1 1/2-quart casserole; cover and set aside.
3. Divide 3/4 c. rice mixture between slits in pork tenderloins, spreading evenly in slits. Close slits; secure with toothpicks.
4. Stir together Italian seasoning and salt in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over top of pork tenderloins. Place pork tenderloins on rack in shallow roasting pan.
5. Roast tenderloins, uncovered, for 25-27 min. until internal temperature is 145°F, followed by a 5-min. rest time. Bake casserole of rice mixture alongside tenderloins.
6. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine Alfredo sauce and Chardonnay in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until bubbly.
7. To serve, spoon rice mixture onto serving platter. Remove toothpicks from tenderloins. Cut pork tenderloins into 1-in.-thick pieces; arrange on rice mixture on platter. Serve sauce with pork and rice mixture.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com
Calories: 579; Total Fat: 31g; Saturated Fat: 10g; Cholesterol: 117mg; Total Carbs: 34g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 39g; Sodium: 1141mg;