My Shopping List
Hot Pork and Pear Salad
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. boneless pork chops, cut into strips
+ 2 pears (firm and ripe)
+ 1 Tbsp. butter
+ 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
+ 1/4 c. cider vinegar
+ 2 Tbsp. sugar
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1/4 c. raisins
+ 1/2 c. walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
+ 6 c. mixed salad greens
What to do:
1. Pare and core pears; cut into 12 slices.
2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet; gently sauté pears until they are tender but still hold their shape. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add oil to pan and stir-fry pork until lightly browned, about 3 min. Remove pork from pan; add vinegar, sugar and salt to pan juices; cook and stir until sugar dissolves.
4. Return pork and pears to pan with raisins, stir gently to heat through.
5. Put salad greens in a large salad bowl; spoon over pork mixture, toss. Garnish with walnuts.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com
Calories: 244; Total Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 45mg; Total Carbs: 17g; Protein: 20g; Sodium: 260mg;