My Shopping List
Bring on the "Mojo" Pork Chops
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
Marinate: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 bone-in pork rib chops, cut 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 in. thick
+ 1-1/4 c. orange juice
+ 3/4 c. lime juice
+ 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
+ 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
+ 1-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
+ 1-1/2 tsp. onion powder
+ 1-1/2 tsp. ground cumin
+ 1-1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
+ 1-1/2 tsp. paprika
+ 1-1/2 tsp. black pepper
+ 2 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 1/2 red onion, chopped (1/4 c.)
+ 2 cloves garlic, chopped (about 1 tsp.)
+ 1/4 c. white wine
+ 1 c. watercress
+ 1 Roma tomato, chopped
+ 1/2 avocado (ripe), sliced
What to do:
1. Place pork in large, resealable plastic bag. Add 1 c. orange juice, 1/2 c. lime juice, and the vinegar; close bag to seal. Turn bag to evenly coat pork with marinade. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 min., turning bag occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, in small mixing bowl add and combine all dry spices.
3. Lightly oil cold grill rack; preheat gas grill to medium-high. Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade in bag. Sprinkle and rub both sides of chops with spice mixture.
4. Grill chops, uncovered, over direct heat for 12-16 min. or until internal temperature of pork reaches 145°F., turning chops over halfway during grilling. Transfer chops to cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 5 min.
5. Meanwhile, in a medium sauté pan, over medium heat, heat olive oil, add onions and sauté for 2 min.; then add garlic, continue to cook about 1 min. more or until garlic begins to brown. Remove sauté pan from heat. Add remaining 1/4 c. orange juice, 1/4 c. lime juice, and the white wine. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduce to half of the amount.
6. To serve, pour sauce over chops. Garnish with watercress, tomato and avocado.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com
Calories: 550; Total Fat: 29g; Saturated Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 150mg; Total Carbs: 12g; Protein: 55g; Sodium: 1440mg;