My Shopping List
Microwave Baked Potatoes
Courtesy of Washington State Potatoes
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 12 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 Washington russet potatoes, 8 oz. each
What to do:
1. Scrub the potatoes with a vegetable brush in the sink under cold running water.
2. Poke each potato several times with a fork.
3. Put the potatoes in the microwave.
4. Set on HIGH for 8 min.
5. Using potholders, open the door and turn the potatoes over.
6. Reset for 2 min.
7. Open the door and poke a potato with a fork or sharp knife to see if it is tender. If not, reset for 2 more min.
8. Using potholders, carefully remove the hot potatoes from the
Note: You™ll be shopping for russet potatoes ™ the big brown oblong ones ™ because they are the best for baking. Do one baked potato if it™s just you and cook for a minute less. Remember to use potholders when you take the potato out of the oven. And cut it open carefully ™ it will be hot and steamy.
* For more great potato recipes, please visit potatokids.com or potatoes.com
Calories: 110; Total Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 26g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 4g; Sodium: 0mg;