My Shopping List
Turkey Sausage Potato Boats
Courtesy of National Turkey Federation
Serve With:Servings: 4
Fresh Fruit Salad
Prep Time: 30 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 large baking potatoes
+ 1 lb. turkey Italian sausage
+ 1/2 c. onion, chopped
+ 1 clove garlic, minced
+ 1 can (14.5 oz.) stewed tomatoes
+ 1 tsp. chili powder
+ 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
+ 1/4 tsp. cumin
+ 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
+ 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
What to do:
1. Bake potatoes in microwave (prick several times with tines of fork before microwaving.) Cook time will vary based on Microwave Oven. Turn potatoes several times during cooking. Potatoes are done when fork inserted in middle goes in easily. (Let stand while cooking sausage.)
2. Slice potatoes in half, lengthwise. Scoop out center of potato to within 1/4-inch of potato skin. Reserve potato for other use.
3. Remove turkey sausage from casing. In skillet, over medium-high heat, combine turkey, onion, and garlic. Cook 5 min. or until turkey is no longer pink; drain meat juices if necessary.
4. Add tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, cumin, red pepper flakes and salt. Simmer 15 min. or until most of liquid has evaporated.
5. Spoon turkey mixture into potato shells and sprinkle with cheese. On 9-X 13-X 2-inch jellyroll pan, bake shells in 375°F. oven for 15 min. or until cheese melts.
Sangiovese, Valpolicella, Bardolino